ctp Pointing Gun
All manner of questions and solutions to problems and issues surrounding the subject of brickwork, blockwork and stonework

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
macw
Labourer
Labourer

ctp Pointing Gun

by macw » Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:47 pm

Due to problems with arthritis in my hands I thought I'd try one of these guns, but I just can't get the thing to work-it just compresses the muck and squeeses all the water out. Has anyone any experience of them? Do I need a special mix of mortar or have I just been suckered?? Don't spare my feelings. Thanks.

tim reeve
Tradesman
Tradesman

by tim reeve » Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:46 pm

iv never use one, but have done pointing, suggest wetter mix.

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

by stoneyboy » Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:22 pm

macw,
It's a regular problem with these guns, you need to buy some good quality building sand (even fine grains), cement and some hydraulic lime. All these components need to be fresh (so they are free from any lumps) aim for a 6:1:1 mix but you may need to add more lime to make the mix useable.
end

TheDoctor5

by TheDoctor5 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:33 am

Last year 64% of the questions asked in our forum were answered within our DIY project pages at www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects.htm The project pages are now separated alphabetically and your answers are accompanied by diagrams and the ability to see, and buy, the tools and/or required to complete your project. Use our search box to look for your answer and save a great deal of time and money!

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Apr 14, 2024 6:22 am