Cutting wood flooring to fit around the loo and sink.
Help, advice, information, answers and tips on all types of flooring from laminate and carpet to timber and vinyl

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Have a go Hero
Labourer
Labourer

Cutting wood flooring to fit around the loo and sink.

Post by Have a go Hero » Wed Jun 13, 2007 2:39 pm

Having gone through 18 months of hell, refitting my bathroom, I am about to fit some solid Parawood boarding on the floor. Its my first experience with solid wood flooring, but if it goes well, I will be tackling the rest of the house.

I have no problems with spacers, gluing and nailing the T and G, or using mouldings to edge the floor.

The one scary problem I have is trying to cut the planks so that they neatly fit around the toilet and sink pedestal. I thought about lifting them and running the flooring undrneath, but this involves moving plumbing etc.

I don't mind a 1 or 2mm gap because I know these can be filled with sealant, but how do I get an accurate cut? Should I be making a template? What's the best way of doing this?

I am being cautious, as any mistakes would be very noticible and quite expensive.

thedoctor

Post by thedoctor » Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:32 am

Use some cardboard as a template which you can trim to fit very accurately then transfer the shape onto the appropriate plank for cutting.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Mar 30, 2024 2:21 am