Damp coming from the carpet
Damp can be a major issue in the home. Find answers to questions or post your own here.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
teresab
Labourer
Labourer

Damp coming from the carpet

by teresab » Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:35 pm

Hi,

I have recently bought a flat (2 months ago). After a couple of weeks of moving in I changed the carpet and when I had that done I noticed a round big (about 1.5 m diameter) mouldy area on the underlay right in the center of my bedroom. At first I didn't think much of it, I had the underlay changed and the carpet changed and decided to keep an eye on it.
As my bed frame hasn't arrived yet I put the matress on the floor and that's where I have been sleeping for the last month. The last couple of days I noticed that the matress seemed a bit damp and when I went to look under i I saw that the bottom was quite damp with little mould stains.
So I kept the matress lifted up all day and put a dehumidifier into the room and now it's a bit drier.

I live in a ground floor flat and it's a 1985 building. Where does the damp comes from? is it from the ground? a pipeline?
I cannot see anything on the carpet yet, what should I do next?

I'm a bit worried about the price of the repairs as I just bought the flat.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated,

many thanks,
t

welsh brickie
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Damp coming from the carpet

by welsh brickie » Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:23 am

for the damp to be in the centre of the room and in a circle I would say its a burst pipe, unfortunatly.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Mar 31, 2024 3:44 pm