Damp Course breach
Damp can be a major issue in the home. Find answers to questions or post your own here.

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Ladyrarebreed
Labourer
Labourer

Damp Course breach

by Ladyrarebreed » Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:31 am

I live in a Victorian property and am having the exterior lowered because of a breach to the DPC, my builders found that at the very rear of the property (possibly a later addition) the DPC is missing, would you reccomend a produce that I could use on a DIY basis, to remedy this problem, without calling in the experts, as my funding is exhausted. Many thanks

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

by stoneyboy » Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:38 pm

Ladyrarebreed,
Have a look at the damp projects section - installing a DPC.
Or hire equipment for silicone injection from you local hire centre.
end

rigga
Ganger
Ganger

by rigga » Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:24 pm

Ladyrarebreed
My advice would be not to do any dpc injection unless you know that the damp is penetrating the wall because of a missing dpc. You may find that this problem you have will disappear when the ground level is lowered. The fact that you have no dpc on a property of this age is not unusual.

Ladyrarebreed
Labourer
Labourer

by Ladyrarebreed » Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:23 am

Dear Stoneyboy and Rigga, thanks for your replies, The ground has been lowered for a week now and as the weather had not been dry, I may not be able to notice the benefits as yet. I have purchased a DPC cream injection kit and will wait a while to see if I need to use it. Will the bricks need to dry completely, as I have been told that if this happens there may be a possibility of movement.

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

by stoneyboy » Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:16 pm

Ladyrarebreed,
It may be months before the wall dries out to an acceptable level, it will never dry out completely and in wet weather will be more damp than in say summertime.
end

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:42 pm