Damp Found Inside Near Chimney in Stone Farmhouse Should I Postpone Dry-Lining?
Damp can be a major issue in the home. Find answers to questions or post your own here.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
henrythedog
Labourer
Labourer

Damp Found Inside Near Chimney in Stone Farmhouse Should I Postpone Dry-Lining?

by henrythedog » Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:20 pm

The original plan was to have 2 (outside) walls framed, boarded and plastered and the 2 internal boarded and plastered. I was just prepping the walls when I found a rather wet damp patch in the upper corner of one of outer walls, just under an unused chimney stack. Should I postpone drylining work and does and one have any advice on what I should do about the damp. (Chimney being removed soon due to other work going on).

Some background: Old stone farmhouse, rough-cast rendered and painted.
Attachments
IMG_5543.jpg

Perry525
Site Agent
Site Agent

Re: Damp Found Inside Near Chimney in Stone Farmhouse Should I Postpone Dry-Lining?

by Perry525 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:19 pm

I expect this is a two story building? Is this a picture of upstairs just under the roof? Or downstairs?
If its downstairs what is in the room above?
If its upstairs, it may be the chimney, the gutter, the roof or a leaking down pipe.

henrythedog
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Damp Found Inside Near Chimney in Stone Farmhouse Should I Postpone Dry-Lining?

by henrythedog » Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:21 am

Thanks for reply Perry525. It is a 2 storey house, that corner in the picture where the damp is is the centre of the house under the chimney.

Do you think I should postpone plasterwork until chimney is removed?

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:04 pm