Damp Musty Smell in Middle Dry Lined Flat
Damp can be a major issue in the home. Find answers to questions or post your own here.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Pressinghelp
Labourer
Labourer

Damp Musty Smell in Middle Dry Lined Flat

by Pressinghelp » Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:17 pm

I have a dry lined flat, which is the middle flat in a 3 storey building. I am having trouble with my clothes, my hair and everything in my flat smelling of a very strong damp musty smell. I have tried so many things to correct it, I have to keep my clothes in sealed plastic boxes and I have had people complaining at work about the smell. So if anyone can suggest what might be the problem. I would be very grateful.

Please see below for details about the situation.
-Dry lined flat
-No vents to air flat so I keep the little windows open at all times
-musty smell on clothes hair and soft furnishing in flat.
-no black mould or visable damp coming through walls
- drains are full of crap, but as I understand it if water was getting in the outside wall it wouldn't matter as with dry linning everything is sealed in bag, so nothing can get in inside wall.
-I have a dehuminifier that takes out over a litre of water in the flat if I leave it on all day
-it seems to get worse when it rains or in the early hours of the morning I can sometimes smell it
- I have just redone the bathroom and found black mould under the floor. Although cleaned all down with mould killer and now the bathroom is floor to ceiling tiles and I have put it a new stronger extractor in bathroom. All this has made it slightly better as in the smell is more wet towel than rank must.
-I had the windows fully open all summer to dry it out after the bathroom was finished.

Please help. It is such a lovely flat, but I just can't figure this one out.

Grantx
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Damp Musty Smell in Middle Dry Lined Flat

by Grantx » Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:51 pm

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:55 am