Damp On Party Wall
Damp can be a major issue in the home. Find answers to questions or post your own here.

1 post   •   Page 1 of 1
Miss Marple
Labourer
Labourer

Damp On Party Wall

Post by Miss Marple » Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:19 am

I had a kitchen fitted a few years ago and before the new units were installed the party wall was replastered. The builders were instructed to coat all the bricks with a salt repellant solution and then replaster the wall with renderlite or similar as a damp preventative measure.
Unbeknown to me they didnt do as instructed and just plastered the wall with an ordinary plaster and backing coat without treating the brickwork underneath. As a result of this the wall behind my base unit is damp. I have had to cut the wood of the base unit away from the wall as it was starting to rot and have treated this wood and the worktop with several coats of a dry rot preventative fluid. I have had a contractor out to look at the wall and he has advised that all the units need to come out and the wall be replastered. As I am hoping to sell the house next year and also cant afford to have that amount of work done is there anything at all that I can buy or do to treat the wall WITHOUT having to take the entire cupboard out i.e. leave in situ

1 post   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:49 am