DAMP??
Damp can be a major issue in the home. Find answers to questions or post your own here.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
josieanne
Labourer
Labourer

DAMP??

Post by josieanne » Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:54 pm

hi, i bought my 100 year old house 3 year ago, the kitchen is long over due a makeover and my husband and i are thinking about having a go at fitting the kitchen ourselves the problem i have is that the kitchen cupboards that i have at the moment (old) smell of damp and are really cold they smell that bad that i cant use them for cups, plates etc sometimes i have to re wash the cutlery before use cos i can smell foist on them. the wall have been covered in tiles so far up but where we had a rewire i can see white salt on the inside of the brick. my partner put a water seal on the outside wall but i wanted to know what i could do to the inside wall before putting a new kitchen in because i dont want to spend money on a new kitchen for the cupboards to smell and to be unusable again! :(

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by stoneyboy » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:47 pm

josieanne,
Sorry there really is no easy solution to this problem. Your walls are solid and are therefore cold. Your kitchen is hot and steamy and the moisture is attracted to the cold walls which being at the back of cupboards get no ventilation.
end

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Apr 06, 2024 8:50 pm