Diffrence between Radial and ring
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

9 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
ericmark

Diffrence between Radial and ring

by ericmark » Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:55 pm

If “A radial final circuit starts and finishes at the distribution board.â€

kbrownie
Project Manager
Project Manager

by kbrownie » Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:38 pm

Hi ericmark
Sorry to put my oar in. Not got regs to hand. so can't really comment on what it says.
But surely it's true of both arrangements they start and finish at the distributiom board. with the return leg being the neutral.
Regards
KB

ericmark

by ericmark » Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:27 pm

Good point KB but since then all circuits "starts and finishes at the distribution board" why put it in at all? I suppose we will need to wait some time to find out. I think we all know what a ring and radial are but does seem at first glance that the proof readers have missed a bit and then one wonders what other mistakes have been made? Seems odd that first the insulation resistance is dropped then it returns to nearly old figure I wonder if that was a mistake?

ericmark

by ericmark » Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:28 pm

Good point KB but since then all circuits "starts and finishes at the distribution board" why put it in at all? I suppose we will need to wait some time to find out. I think we all know what a ring and radial are but does seem at first glance that the proof readers have missed a bit and then one wonders what other mistakes have been made? Seems odd that first the insulation resistance is dropped then it returns to nearly old figure I wonder if that was a mistake?

ericmark

by ericmark » Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:29 pm

Good point KB
But since then all circuits "starts and finishes at the distribution board" why put it in at all? I suppose we will need to wait some time to find out.
I think we all know what a ring and radial are but does seem at first glance that the proof readers have missed a bit and then one wonders what other mistakes have been made? Seems odd that first the insulation resistance is dropped then it returns to nearly old figure I wonder if that was a mistake?

ericmark

Good point KB
But since then all circuits "starts and finishes at the distribution board" why put it in at all? I suppose we will need to wait some time to find out.
I think we all know what a ring and radial are but does seem at first glance that the proof readers have missed a bit and then one wonders what other mistakes have been made? Seems odd that first the insulation resistance is dropped then it returns to nearly old figure I wonder if that was a mistake?

ericmark

Good point KB

kbrownie
Project Manager
Project Manager

by kbrownie » Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:02 am

hi ericmark,
Lets hope that the 17th edition proves to be worth all the hype, but seems a shame but typical if errors are to be found within in the red book. Especially taking in to account that the reason it's been revised is to make electrical systems safer.
KB

sparx
Project Manager
Project Manager

by sparx » Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:38 pm

Hi Guys,
on 17th course we asked about radials returning ....Typo, cut & pasted without proof reading it seems,
other question from classmates about 2.5mm spur from 4mm 32A radial, correct as no different from 2.5mm spur from 32A type A1 ring,
lots more fun to be had methinks!!!
regards both,
SPARX

9 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:04 am