Diverter Valve info
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
esmith
Labourer
Labourer

Diverter Valve info

by esmith » Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:00 pm

We have just moved into a new place to find that the hot water doesn't work. We have had an engineer round to look at it and has diagnosed that we need a new diverter valve. He has quoted £280 to get the part and install.

I just want to know if this is normal for this job? We just picked a plunmber out of the yellow pages and so have no idea if we are being ripped off or not.

Any opinions would be great. Thanks.

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

by htg engineer » Mon Sep 24, 2007 5:02 pm

Some people including plumbers use the wrong names to describe parts on heating systems. And some prefer to fit a new diverter valve rather than renewing the diaphragm, don't know why, doesn't save much time -

so -

Do you mean a diverter valve on a combi boiler ?
or a three port valve, on a fully pumped sytem ?

I can't really say how much it should cost without the make and model of the boiler, If you go onto HRPC website and type in the make and model of the boiler it will give you the price of the diverter valve.

Then you can determine what he is charging for fitting and if it seems fair.

Diverter valves can be expensive from around £80 up to a few hundred pounds.

Depending on the type of boiler, you may be able to get a service / diaphragm kit to repair your old valve. There's not many boilers where they're not repairable. Diaphragm kits range in price too, some are just £3 or £4.

If you give me the make and model i should be able to help more.

Hope this helps

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:48 am