DIY GAS FOR CH BOILER????
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
TONYTONE
Tradesman
Tradesman

DIY GAS FOR CH BOILER????

by TONYTONE » Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:56 pm

Rumour has that its not illegal to do work on your own gas supply. Does anyone know how true this statement is?

Cheers

peter the plumber
Ganger
Ganger

by peter the plumber » Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:58 pm

In simple terms, if you are found doing your own gas work with out the training, certs and insurant, you will go to jail and get a £25k fine.

I don’t need to post the regs for this.

They are prosecuting people for this and I am sure if you look on the Internet you can find most of the cases.

So do you think it’s worth saving a few pounds and facing a lifetime of worry?

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

by htg engineer » Tue Dec 11, 2007 4:45 pm

It is illegal for anyone that is not CORGI registered to work on gas, whether in private houses, business premises or council property.

People that own their home think that because they own the pipework and appliances they can do DIY gas work and installations, well they're wrong.

It is against the law and anyone doing so will receive hefty fines if caught, and a long prison sentence if the work is classed as Immediately Dangerous, or if there's any risk to life or property.

TONYTONE
Tradesman
Tradesman

by TONYTONE » Tue Dec 11, 2007 5:48 pm

Cheers guys, That solves that problem then.

Tone

bobplum
Foreman
Foreman

by bobplum » Wed Dec 12, 2007 8:16 pm

good evening
this one is for htg engineer
is it illegal for someone to install a lets say a combi,does his own pipe work then gets a corgi person to connect to the gas and test the system and commission
i appreciate the problems facing warrantys etc but would this example be illegal
bob

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:09 pm