Do i need new double glazing and how much to pay ?
Post questions and find answers on glazing, double glazing, upvc glazing, conservatory glazing, fixtures and fittings etc....

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
AndrewW
Labourer
Labourer

Do i need new double glazing and how much to pay ?

by AndrewW » Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:16 pm

I have 20-25 year old aluminium double glazing (and external doors)in a 1960's semi, the glass does not appear to be turning blue, however every winter I wake up to find the windows dripping with water, and the wall paper around the windows(first 2-3 inches) growing black mold. Is this stuff safe ? (even though the windows are wiped every morning). The old brush seals have been replaced with a modern seal, to stop all the noise and wind coming in between the windows

Apart from the additional security offered by new upvc windows , child opening restriction & built in air flow. Will changing from my current windows to new UPVC ones help . I have noticed how cold the (frames and) glass feels in the morning, could this mean the gas between the glass as gone and they are not working properly

welsh brickie
Project Manager
Project Manager

frames

by welsh brickie » Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:35 pm

You will always get condensation on the aluminium frames.New upvc are thicker frames 70mm and glass units are 32mm thick,and more efficent Definatly worth it

RachaelO
Labourer
Labourer

by RachaelO » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:33 am

Hi Andrew,

You probably have this sorted now but here is my reply to your thread.

I would advise that you need an experts opinion as there might be an underlying problem you might be missing.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Feb 23, 2024 3:33 pm