Does this price seem reasonable?
Information, help and advice on many gas related subjects from gas fires to domestic appliances

6 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
MonkeyHunter
Labourer
Labourer

Does this price seem reasonable?

Post by MonkeyHunter » Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:17 am

Hi,

I have just had a quote for installing my boiler and it seems (to me) a bit on the expensive side.

The quote is to install & commission a Vaillant 837, and to supply and run a gas pipe from meter to boiler via a trench dug by myself. All the tails for connection to the boiler will be in place. And the whole system will be new, rads pipes etc, and will have been pressure tested by me prior to installation so there will be no leaks to deal with on the day.

Ive been quoted £1100 inc vat (~£935 Ex VAT) . What is an average Corgi rate per/h? I cant see this taking more than a day at the outside.

Cheers!

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by htg engineer » Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:46 pm

if that is just to install, not supplying boiler etc. etc. then yes it is on the steep side.

Don't take the first quote - get a few.

MonkeyHunter
Labourer
Labourer

Post by MonkeyHunter » Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:12 am

Thanks htg,

Ive got a couple more blokes lined up for quotes, but the problem im facing is that everyone is booked up for ages, and it's starting to get cold.

I can cope with it, but my girlfriend will ensure my life wont be worth living if i dont have the heating sorted ASAP, and certainly before Christmas!!

That quote was just for the install. I have the boiler already and the rest of the system is nearly there.

MonkeyHunter
Labourer
Labourer

Post by MonkeyHunter » Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:19 am

Thanks htg, I have more people lined up for quotes, so will see what they come up with.

It is just for the install, i have the boiler, flue, thermostat, and the rest of the system is nearly in.

My mate who works for BG reckons £500 max.

muttley
Tradesman
Tradesman

boiler

Post by muttley » Sat Oct 27, 2007 11:25 am

Why dont you get your mate to do it and save yourself some money

MonkeyHunter
Labourer
Labourer

Re: boiler

Post by MonkeyHunter » Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:29 am

[quote="muttley"]Why dont you get your mate to do it and save yourself some money[/quote]

I asked him, but apparently his ticket is no good outside BG.

Ive had 2 more quotes so far, £800 & £650 so at least they are heading in the right direction.

6 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:49 pm