Double Oven Wiring
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
pg29
Apprentice
Apprentice

Double Oven Wiring

by pg29 » Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:08 am

Can any one advise, I am having a new kitchen designed as as being a competant person decided to save money by doing the wiring myself (am i aloud). i dont want to add anymore sockets mearly relocate them and dont think i will need to rewire any. However my main issue is that we are installing 2 ovens whilst the first is a NEFF 2.8kw single oven and will plug into the existing wiring from the old oven, i am stumped as to the second oven a NEFF Combi microwave and Oven at 7.2kw, can i use the existing cable from the fuse board that powers the existing oven and just spur off? I need to confirm but i think its standard 2.5 twin.

sang kibet
Apprentice
Apprentice

CONFIRMATION OF THE RIGHT CABLE RATING FOR OVEN (7.2KW)

by sang kibet » Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:43 am

Pg 29 you sound really economical,i support that.in every addittional electrical equipment you add to your home, power consumation is the major issue.power rating also goes in hand with the cable size.the more the power used the larger the current and therefore the cable size also increased.for your case use 4.0-6.0 twin with earth.this gives the allowance of diversity factor. sankibe>

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:47 am