Drainage Re-RoutingOoptions for Waste Pipe in Conservatory?
Drainage and wastage systems and plumbing help, advice and answers

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
MaxwellVolume
Labourer
Labourer

Drainage Re-RoutingOoptions for Waste Pipe in Conservatory?

Post by MaxwellVolume » Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:26 am

I've just bought and moved in to a new house. We knew it needed some work but after moving in when all furniture was gone we noticed a few things that we didn't see before/didn't show up on home buyers report.
One of these issues is the waste pipe from the kitchen sink. Goes out of the exterior wall and in to a drain in the ground... No problem... Except this is no longer an exterior wall after the conservatory was built so the pipe goes into the conservatory floor and looks unsightly. This was hidden well with furniture when we viewed the house. We have indemnity insurance provided by the vendor so that's not an issue but I want to re-route the drain out the side wall into another drain if possible and wondered what the options were and how much this sort of job would normally cost.
Any ideas?
Video to show what I mean here: http://youtu.be/jRVnbXyuCf4

welsh brickie
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Drainage Re-RoutingOoptions for Waste Pipe in Conservatory?

Post by welsh brickie » Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:03 pm

well to hide the pipe you need to cut the brickwork out and sink it behind the plaster, run it to the outside wall fit a back inlet gully and connect it to the manhole, Not that much work maybe 2 and a half days £400

MaxwellVolume
Labourer
Labourer

Post by MaxwellVolume » Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:49 am

Thanks for replying welshbrickie.
If I followed this process would I then be allowed to permanently floor over the manhole cover in the conservatory, or would I need to leave some access to this?

welsh brickie
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by welsh brickie » Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:37 pm

you should be ok if the pipes are welded with pvc cement, if it blocks then you can access the pipe from outside

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Wed Feb 21, 2024 5:50 am