Drill stands

Postby bossie3456 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:18 pm

Help - I am looking for a drill stand and can only find one that has a 43mm collar size, my cordless Makita has a 50mm. I cannot find a drill stand to fit any cordless drill as their collar size is too big! Can anyone point me in the right direction?
bossie3456
Progress to next rank:
0%

Sponsor

Gorilla Glue heavy duty grab adhesive

Postby chris_on_tour2002 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:48 pm

makita cordless drills do seem to have particularly fat chucks on them. i tried to get a drill attachment for ensuring a square hole when augering doors but could not find one to fit mine either. unless makita make one i doubt that you'll find one.

why not stump up a little more cash and just treat yourself to a drill press instead? i bought one from machine mart recently, about 60 quid, and very pleased with it. it will sit on a bench, sturdy but not too heavy so it's actually quite portable.
chris_on_tour2002

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides

• DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!