duel gas boilers
Information, help and advice on many gas related subjects from gas fires to domestic appliances

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
menditman
Apprentice
Apprentice

duel gas boilers

by menditman » Fri Dec 25, 2009 3:00 pm

I am renovating an old victorian property, I require 139,000 Btu's just for the heating, so my plan was to use 2 boilers 1 for upstairs 1 for downstairs, I was hoping to use combi's to save having tanks etc, will the incoming gas supply cope with 2 boilers?

rosebery
Project Manager
Project Manager

by rosebery » Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:57 pm

If the property is that large then a suitably sized system boiler together with an unvented installation will outperform a combi any day. Yes you could use multiple combis but its complicated and you need assistance from someone more experienced in that field than I.

In any event you do not say what your incoming gas supply is so, frankly, how do you expect anyone to advise you whether its big enough? I'm almost certain the answer will be no anyway.

Cheers

DEEARR2
Ganger
Ganger

by DEEARR2 » Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:39 am

If the upstairs and downstairs are not being seperated for occupation, one 42kw Combi would cover the property heating demand. The incoming gas supply should be 22mm which should be sufficient to supply this boiler. The only consideration would be the length of the pipe run from the meter to the boiler location.

menditman
Apprentice
Apprentice

duel gas boilers

by menditman » Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:23 am

hi,thanks for the info guys, the incoming gas is standard 3/4" the pipe run to the boiler room is approx 16 metres, thinking of running a 28mm pipe direct to boilers, with a tee/ branch at meter for gas fires and cooker, the system i was thinking of was 2 independant systems to reduce water volume in the systems as each one would have 10 rads on each and a bathroom on each, spoke to worcester bosch they said only a light commercial boiler would cope with a house this size using one system, done house referb before but not this big, love a challenge, and taking all advice on board, many thanks

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 08, 2024 3:31 am