Dulux Paint Showing Finger Marks and Going Glossy When Wiped - What is Going on?
General decorating topics, questions and answers. find help, tips and advice on completing your decorating projects

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Sagalout1954
Apprentice
Apprentice

Dulux Paint Showing Finger Marks and Going Glossy When Wiped - What is Going on?

Post by Sagalout1954 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:23 am

We used 5lt of Vinyl Soft Sheen washable mixer paint to refresh a couple of rooms which already had the same paint/colour on.

When putting up pictures a week after painting I noticed every little finger mark was making the soft sheen much more 'glossy' so everywhere it had been touched shines in the light/sunlight. Shiny prints all over the place!!!

Wiped a small area with a damp cloth to remove the fingermarks and ended up with an even bigger shiny patch there.

First Dulux claim it is only wipeable, and needs time to 'cure'. Consumer Direct advise they breach the Trade Descriptions Act on both counts as tin says WASHABLE and instructions/info regarding 'curing' is absent altogether.

Dulux back peddling regarding 'wipeable', want sample of paint, offered voucher. I don't want 'compensation', I will be asking Trading Standards to address the issues so the info on the tin reflects the product properly.

Poor Dulux, what was once our first choice of product isn't even going to be on our shopping list in the future. Shame, as they have a great colour range, but no point in using what has become an inferior product and paying more for the privilege.

The ready mixed emulsions we've used in other rooms seem fine, but then the mixer paints have been fine until now....................

DIYDoctor2
Ganger
Ganger

Re: Dulux Paint Showing Finger Marks and Going Glossy When Wiped - What is Going on?

Post by DIYDoctor2 » Tue May 27, 2014 8:31 am

I wondered how you got on with the issue you had with Dulux paint? Did you get the problem resolved?
DIY Doctor

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Feb 19, 2024 8:28 pm