E-mail prompt on starting PC
Help and advice on software, hardware, configuration and general computing issues and problems

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
theshedman
Foreman
Foreman

E-mail prompt on starting PC

by theshedman » Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:19 am

Hi, when I turn on PC I get message saying I have so many emails waiting to be read. This happens after windows has loaded and it comes up as I go to log in on the welcome screen but once loaded and I check emails there is nothing there. Has anyone got any ideas please. Thanks for any help. Shed

steve the plumber
Ganger
Ganger

by steve the plumber » Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:23 pm

Do you have MSN/Yahoo/AOL messenger turned on? If not, then this could be a virus.

What program is opening up the alert?

theshedman
Foreman
Foreman

by theshedman » Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:35 am

Hi steve, thanks for the reply. Just found out it was my son's msn messenger. Usually he is on here every day so they have never built up before and I just didn't think of it. Saw you had replied last night but it wasn't viewable until this morning. It does take a while for new posts to be seen on this site. Thanks again and your answer was spot on.

rosebery
Project Manager
Project Manager

by rosebery » Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:42 pm

Its not a virus its a feaure of Windows. It monitors whichever email client you use the most (we run two on this PC one for me (Windows Live) and another for EID (Outlook Express). Whichever gets used the most it pops up this little message at the logon screen.

Cheers

theshedman
Foreman
Foreman

by theshedman » Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:12 am

Hi rosebery, it's sorted now but thanks for the reply. As you said it's was something to do with the messages my son was getting on msn. It's very rare he leaves them on here for long but he's been working nights and hadn't been on here for couple of days so I got to the PC before him. When I checked mine and wifes e-mails there was nothing so couldn't work it out. Now he has been back on here they have all gone. Thanks again.

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Feb 27, 2024 6:36 am