ELCTRICAL FAULT ON CENTRL HEATING

Postby TERVY » Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:53 am

I have a central heating / electrical problem. The system is a Baxi 45 backboiler and integral Baxi Barque fire front. The system is part gravity part pumped. The power supply to the heating is from a 3/5amp switched fused spur; Landis & Gyr electro mechanical programmer.

Problem. When I activate the heating via the programmer the fuse in the spur unit blows. The boiler has been serviced. Any ideas on what the problem could be. I know it all sunds a bit vague. I don't know whether to call in an elctrician or a heating engineer? :(
TERVY
Progress to next rank:
0%

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby marrtin » Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:48 pm

If you have hot water, and the fuse only blows when the heating is called for, then it suggests a fault with the pump.

I suggest you call your heating guy as it may need replacing, and the fact it has recently been serviced is probably incidental.
marrtin
Progress to next rank:
58%

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides

• DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!