Im hoping someone can help me. Recently iv found that touching the pipe or anything remotely metal within my bath tub has led to a small electric shock or charge when touched. It can on occasions even be felt coming through the water.
Please can someone help as im getting worried this could become something dangerous :cry:
Thanks in advance, you're help is much appreciated!
sounds to me like you have no equipotential bonding and there is stray potential (electricity) somewhere. Have an electrician come look at the shower and don't use the offending article until it has been verified as safe.
Isolate the shower at the consumer unit, it should be labelled, and see if the charge is still coming through. If it is, it may be a stray worn away cable somewhere in the house touching your copper fixings.
Good luck, try not to connect yourself to the national grid.
DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!