electric shower

Postby harrassed » Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:04 pm

I want to upgrade an existing shower by changing the shower tray and cubicle. It will alter the height between the electrical unit and the base of the tray.

Is there a recommended min and max height that the unit is fixed on the wall ?
Thanks
harrassed
Progress to next rank:
50%

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby rosebery » Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:09 pm

By how much will it alter the height?

Cheers
rosebery

Postby harrassed » Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:46 pm

From the bottom of the shower unit to the tray base where you stand would be approx 56.5"(4ft 8 and half inches).

The unit is 11" high so the top would be 67.5" (5 ft 7 and half inches)above the tray. The shower head rail has a range of 470mm (18.5")
harrassed
Progress to next rank:
50%

Postby plumbbob » Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:42 pm

Most manufacturers state the unit can be fitted anywhere within a shower area so long as the unit is above the water catchment area and leaves a gap greater than 200mm between the top of the unit and the ceiling.

Some mention is made about positioning away from the direct spray area. The units are waterproof, but clearly it would not be sensible for the unit to be constantly heavily drenched.

The shower should be positioned as high as possible but consideration should be given to young children who need to use the shower safely.

Usually, I like to fit the bottom of the casing about 5' above the shower tray.
plumbbob

Postby harrassed » Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:08 pm

Thanks Plumbob

I though it might be a bit on the low side, I'll alter the pipework before the tray and cubicle go in.
harrassed
Progress to next rank:
50%

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides

• DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!