Elterm Central Heating not Working
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
danpe15
Labourer
Labourer

Elterm Central Heating not Working

by danpe15 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:45 pm

Hi all first time posting and I'm really hoping that someone can help/ assist.
I having an issue with my central heating system first things first I should say that the system is I think a Polish manufacture Elterm which isn't helping in the overall understanding of how the system works,
Any way I digress the heating was working fine up until a couple of weeks ago, I removed a towel rail (bathroom down stairs) and a radiator from the kitchen (also down stairs)to make decorating easier, job done and refitted both.
Now none of the radiators down stairs are working and the radiators upstairs are only getting warm I have done the following.
1. Bled all the radiators individually.
2. Attached a hose to radiators down stairs to remove air lock by venting outside via drain of valve.
While venting the radiator the the pipes leading the radiator are getting warm/hot.
3. Checked the central heating a pump which is turning and the in /out let are getting hot.
4. Gone to the drain off valve furthest away from the boiler and checked that for air locks.

I am now at a lose what to do next as the radiators are still not working correctly,
I have attempted through two on line sites to contact plumbers/heating engineers quote but no one is interested as we live in the sticks.

DawnyJ
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Elterm Central Heating not Working

by DawnyJ » Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:41 pm

Hi, did you ever sort this? I have the same problem.
Best regards

ericmark
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Elterm Central Heating not Working

by ericmark » Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:30 am

Really should have started your own thread, however the normal problem is either bleeding or setting of the load shield valve.

1) Bleeding, normally we can get away bleeding in one action just opening bleed screw on each radiator, however if there is a problem turn off the lock shield valve and bleed, then turn it back on then turn off TRV and bleed, so both sides of radiator have been bleed.

2) Setting lock shield valve, if any radiator is opened too far then it can stop others working, so we measure the temperature drop across each radiator and adjust so all are the same normally between 5 and 15 degrees C.

However where no thermometer then starting closest to boiler, turn off lock shield valve, then let pipes cool, then slowly 1/4 turn at time turn back on until you just feel a little heat, repeat with all radiators, than any rooms which do not reach target temperature open up another 1/4 turn.

Idea is to cause a resistance at every radiator so there is still flow at furtherest one.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1