Eurocal fuel jet
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

6 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Eurospark
Apprentice
Apprentice

Eurocal fuel jet

by Eurospark » Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:41 pm

My Dad has a Eurocal President boiler which I'm told is designed to run on paraffin but is also capable of running on Diesel without changing the fuel jet. Since it is really temperamental at lighting, I'm guessing this is not the case. The burner has been replaced and the settings for fuel volume has been tweaked loads of times and it still isn't right. Can anyone shed some light on the whether the jet needs replaced and if so what size.

Thanks

muttley
Tradesman
Tradesman

boiler

by muttley » Sat Oct 27, 2007 8:52 am

did you mean kerosene[not paraffin]

Eurospark
Apprentice
Apprentice

by Eurospark » Sat Oct 27, 2007 12:30 pm

Yes, sorry my mistake. The rest of the post is correct tho.

muttley
Tradesman
Tradesman

Re: Eurocal fuel jet

by muttley » Mon Oct 29, 2007 4:47 pm

[quote="Eurospark"]My Dad has a Eurocal President boiler which I'm told is designed to run on paraffin but is also capable of running on Diesel without changing the fuel jet. Since it is really temperamental at lighting, I'm guessing this is not the case. The burner has been replaced and the settings for fuel volume has been tweaked loads of times and it still isn't right. Can anyone shed some light on the whether the jet needs replaced and if so what size.
Thanks[/quote]
1.You cant run a low level discharge oil boiler on diesel
2.You would need to change the nozzle, also the oil pressure would have to be changed to suit both types of fuels
3.You need manuel to see what type nozzle you need[ie]gallonage/angle

Eurospark
Apprentice
Apprentice

Boiler

by Eurospark » Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:01 am

My Dad finally gave up and has had a new boiler fitted. However, after he had ordered the new installation we adjusted the oil (diesel) volume a number of times and the boiler worked faultlessly until it was removed to make way for the new one.

Thanks for your help.

P.S. There have been no fewer than 4 plumbers try to fix it before we fiddled with it. I checked the electrical side of it and it was not at fault (or at least if it was it must be intermittent), the burner and jet were replaced which improved the situation but did not cure it. It's typical it would work great after we ordered it's replacement.

muttley
Tradesman
Tradesman

oil boiler

by muttley » Thu Nov 01, 2007 1:03 pm

this time make sure your dad has it commisioned by an Oftec engineer who will set the boiler up to manufacturers reccomendations,otherwise the boiler could be running incorrectly,also you could invalidate your warranty on the boiler.Get everything signed and post your guarantee to the manufacturer.Good luck

6 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:46 am