Existing buildings
Information, help, tips and advice on cavity walls, ceilings and lofts etc....

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
D78
Labourer
Labourer

Existing buildings

by D78 » Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:16 pm

Hello everyone,

I am currently researching my Dissertation for my Building Surveying degree, this involves investigating energy efficiency in existing buildings and potential improvements. As part of this I have prepared a short survey aimed at homeowners. I would be extremely grateful if anyone interested could fill it in for me.

Google "surveymonkey.com/s/6RTZ2DF"

Many thanks,

Duncan.

eljaybee
Ganger
Ganger

by eljaybee » Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:36 pm

Duncan,

Just looked at your survey and just wondered if you could have included a question as to whether ot not people are aware of the need to submit a Building Regulations Application when they are installing, replacing, renovating more then 25% of a layer of a thermal element - ie reroofing more than 25% of a roof, refelting a roof, replastering walls, rerendering. Most people are not aware of the need to make a building regs application and that they need to upgrade the insulation value when doing such work. You'd find most people don't but it is one of the ways the government want to get existing properties upgraded. It's a nightmare for building contro to police - as finding out when these works are done and even when they do if they need to take enforcement action then they won't get the support of their legal department.

Good luck with the course

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:52 am