External Gas Pipe
Information, help and advice on many gas related subjects from gas fires to domestic appliances

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Kernal76
Labourer
Labourer

External Gas Pipe

by Kernal76 » Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:18 pm

I have just had Central Heating & Boiler replaced and as a result now have a 3.5 metres of copper gas pipe running vertically, from newly positioned in the bathroom cupboard, through the wall, down the side of the house, back through the wall and into the meter. I am worried about it's openess to the elements, colour and potential of attempt to thieve and to be honest a tad unsightly. Does anybody have any recommendations on how to protect and disguise?

bigmel
Labourer
Labourer

Re: External Gas Pipe

by bigmel » Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:30 am

Hi

I,m not a gas fitter so these are just my own thoughts ......to disguise i was going to paint mine black ie the same colour as my guttering .
Black i think tends to blend in with most colours / backgrounds .

I asked the guys who gave me the quote about the weathering of external copper and they said it was the "norm" to have gas pipes externally so i would presume its fine durability wise .

jeff2
Labourer
Labourer

Re: External Gas Pipe

by jeff2 » Mon May 07, 2012 2:14 pm

The gas pipe runs up the externaly wall of my garage, about 2 meter then go through the wall to the roof of the garage, where the meter is. I wish to install inset cavity meter box lower in the wall on the same route as the external pipe, there dose not seems to be a cut off valve at low leval only at the meter can a gas saftey plumber carry out this work
jeff2

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:25 am