External steel flue for Woodburning Stove - PROBLEM!!
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
schweetpants
Labourer
Labourer

External steel flue for Woodburning Stove - PROBLEM!!

Post by schweetpants » Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:19 am

We have just installed a Flexible Flue Liner for a new woodburning stove. There was an existing Chimney however the previous owners had done a loft conversion and removed the chimney stack. To this end the chimney under the roof sits at an angle with no vertical outlet. (We had removed a gas flu liner so the previous set up was for a gas fire). How do we ensure the steel pipe will sit vertically as I know it has to be 600mm above the ridge of the roof? At the moment, the pipe is sitting at an angle - it has just followed on from the current chimney! Does it require an angled connector to connect the flue pipe to the steel pipe in order for this to sit vertically? The connector we have I am assuming is for instances where the chimney is running vertically - does this make sense!? We have not used the fire as I did not want to until this was sorted. Other than looking a bit odd, are we best advised not to use it or will it not make much difference?

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by stoneyboy » Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:47 pm

schweetpants,
Sorry no it does not make sense. The chimey has been removed? or does it sit at an angle? or does the liner follow the current chimney? Where has the flue pipe and steel pipe come from?
If you can be a little more precise that would be great..
end

Steve the gas
Site Agent
Site Agent

Post by Steve the gas » Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:16 am

Hi,

Firstly, if I've understood your post correctly, you have a section of chimney missing in your loft.I am under the impression that, if this is so,the flue would have to be a Twinwalled flue which is not flexible and should be used with solid fuel burners, but its not my forte.

If I've mis understood then pls post back as it is early!!

Hth

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1