External Store and WC of a church in Nottinghamshire
If you want to know how your DIY projects could be affected by building and planning regulations, click here to post questions and view answers

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
adsmylie
Labourer
Labourer

External Store and WC of a church in Nottinghamshire

by adsmylie » Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:13 pm

Hi
Basically i'm a student at Nottingham Trent and have been given a project to design an external brick/ strawbale built store for church Pews and other things and a WC facility as at present the church hasnt got one.

The church east of Nottingham in a village is grade 2 listed with grade 2 listed gravestones dotted about the yard. The proposed structure will be within 2m of a boundary wall and in close proximity to a newly built rather large home.

The structure will essentially be a rectangle with a store at one end and a double door going into it and a disabled WC and the other end.

As its a listed we will have to get planning permission. But what sort of building regulations will i have to adhere to if any.

As it isnt a dwelling, im thinking the store will possibly have none and the WC is going to be DOC M (because i was planning on using a single disabled WC to meet DDA and enable all church users to utilise the facilities.

Is there any other building regulations i would have to adhere to?

welsh brickie
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: External Store and WC of a church in Nottinghamshire

by welsh brickie » Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:55 pm

disabled access ramp and handrails, soap dispensers hand dryers. Drainage to existing sewer or tank could be a problem because of graveyard, so environmental health issues,cant think of anything else

adsmylie
Labourer
Labourer

Re: External Store and WC of a church in Nottinghamshire

by adsmylie » Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:04 pm

Massive help. :) thank you so it doesnt have to adhere to any building regulations other incorperating those things you mentioned ?

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1