External Wall Coating
General decorating topics, questions and answers. find help, tips and advice on completing your decorating projects

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Terry
Labourer
Labourer

External Wall Coating

Post by Terry » Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:55 am

The `Hometex` textured external wall coating/treatment( approx. 2mm thick) is flaking patches are peeling away. Although only 4 years old the 15 yr. warranty was in the previous owners name and `Hometex`will only repair if I am prepared to pay.
Any suggestions please for repairing these patches after which I intend to use masonry paint.

bd3cc
Foreman
Foreman

Post by bd3cc » Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:35 pm

Surely the warranty should be transferable. If it is 15yrs, it is 15 yrs. How can a different owner affect the quality of the work?
They are wriggling.
Look carefully at the guarantee that you have,if you have one, and see if it states that is non transferable.If it is not transferable why has it been passed to you?
Write to them and tell them that , you hold them responsible for the repair, you intend to employ a solicitor and intend to also apply for costs against them if successful, contact Watchdog or similar about their practices.
Then go for a free 15 min consultation with participating solicitor or CAB,
or maybe do that first.

bd3cc
Foreman
Foreman

Post by bd3cc » Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:49 pm

Have contacted Hometex and asked about their guarantees, will let you know if they reply.
I presume you must be in "Horace Batchelor" terriotory. That dates me!

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Mar 31, 2024 11:28 pm