Fat stains on grouting on Kitchen floor tiles
Advice and information on tiling and fixing tiles to a variety of surfaces

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Shirley
Apprentice
Apprentice

Fat stains on grouting on Kitchen floor tiles

Post by Shirley » Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:16 pm

Hi can anyone advise me on how I can remove fat from grouting on my kitchen floor grouting.

I have tried every cleaner I can think of and even tried a steamer today without success.

The grouting between the tiles on my daughter,s kitchen clean up beutifully and are still as clean as the day they were put down.

Is it possible that her tiler added something to her grouting that has protected it from soaking up fat and my tiler didn't.

We only have to drop a cake crumb and it will soak up the fat from it.

Shirley

welsh brickie
Project Manager
Project Manager

cleaning tiles

Post by welsh brickie » Sat Oct 23, 2010 4:35 pm

Try sugarsoap.

Shirley
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Shirley » Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:39 pm

thankyou for your answer I have this week tried Steaming. fairy liquid with steam and also ariel with steam none worked.

I will now try suger soap as you surgest.

Thanks
Shirley

TPTiles
Labourer
Labourer

Post by TPTiles » Sat May 07, 2011 10:26 pm

Most grout is like this - especially coloured (non cement grey) grout.

What kind of tile do you have laid? you can use a mild acid cleaner like lithofin cement residue remover and a white emulsifier pad to take a tiny layer off the top of the grout. You have to dilute the cleaner quite heavily and you should try on a small area first to ensure you wont get any tile damage (unless you can confirm the type of tile to me).

Once cleaned you can seal the grout using another lithofin product to stop this happening again.

TheSirgke
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Fat stains on grouting on Kitchen floor tiles

Post by TheSirgke » Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:06 pm

If you are trying to fight fat stains on floor. Please try simple household items like vinegar or baking soda if the stain persists try generic household cleaners such as Mr. Clean, Lysol, or powder-based cleaners. the next trick is to use commercial tile and grout cleaner. I hope this will help Thanks.

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Feb 20, 2024 4:15 am