Fibreglass Roof Help - What todo for 45' corners ???
Information, help and advice on maintaining, installing and repairing a flat roof. Post your questions and view answers here

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
bilabonic
Labourer
Labourer

Fibreglass Roof Help - What todo for 45' corners ???

Post by bilabonic » Sun May 17, 2009 8:52 am

Hi All

Looking todo my gym roof when weather permits and getting parts together.
I have oone problem that the roof is odd shape and as well as 90' normal corners it has two 45' corners.

These are on the raised edge side, can i use normal 90' corner profiles for this ?

How can i make these corners waterproof and look good as they are on the exposed front of building....

Cheers

ritchieroofer
Labourer
Labourer

fibreglass roof

Post by ritchieroofer » Sun May 17, 2009 4:34 pm

hi

dont know that much about fibre glass roofs they can be quite good if done properly, have carried out one roof about 10 years ago turned out really nice, if i remember right the corners are prefabricated? The draw back with fibre glass is it can be quite noisey when it heavy rains or hail stones. dont know if thats any help i would imagine you would be able to ajust corners to suit but i am not really qualified in this roofing system.

easylife
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Fibreglass Roof Help - What todo for 45' corners ???

Post by easylife » Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:24 am

[quote="bilabonic"]Hi All

Looking todo my gym roof when weather permits and getting parts together.
I have oone problem that the roof is odd shape and as well as 90' normal corners it has two 45' corners.

These are on the raised edge side, can i use normal 90' corner profiles for this ?

How can i make these corners waterproof and look good as they are on the exposed front of building....

Cheers[/quote]

TBH I love fibre glass roofing so adaptable however i am not all that keen on the prefabricated raised and drip edges find them flimsy and a little awkward to work with, i find it better to fabricate my own.
So if i were you id lay your roof as if you were going to felt it using timber raised edge then use the fibreglass bandage to bond it to the roof board as normal, then cut strips off of your matting and lat this over your timber raised edge to form a fibreglass raised edge ensure you go onto the main roof by 50mm or so to give overlap for main roof matting.
That way it is easier to get the profile you want may take longer to do but imo it leads to a better looking job.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Feb 20, 2024 11:06 am