Filling in a drilled hole to be re-drilled
General problems, solutions, information and advice on fixing to walls of all kinds

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
little_woodster
Labourer
Labourer

Filling in a drilled hole to be re-drilled

Post by little_woodster » Wed Sep 12, 2007 1:24 pm

Hello folks. I was drilling a hole recently into a brick wall when all of a sudden, the drill lurched to one side. Now, I don't know if I hit something very hard within the brick, or was slightly angled and came out of the side of the brick and into mortar, or even if I entered the cavity behind the brick. That's not really important though, the problem is that the hole I drilled is now too big for the rawlplug that it was made for, and the sink I then attached to said wall has movement in it which I am not happy about.

I have no option to move the sink elsewhere, so ideally I'm looking for a way to fill the hole I made with something strong enough that, when I redrill in the same place, it will be secure enough to hold the sink. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

DUDE DIY
Ganger
Ganger

Post by DUDE DIY » Fri Sep 28, 2007 4:03 pm

Hi there hope my advice helps. Based on what you have said a tip that i have used in the past is to simply leave the plug you fitted in place and then just slot a smaller size plug in that one to reduce the size down. If that makes sense. Alternativley pop along to you local DIY store and buy some different type of wall plugs/ fittings which will secure through the exisiting hole. Let me know how you get on. Dude diy

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:22 pm