fire dors half hour intmescent seal help urgent
Kitchens, doors, rails, stud, tables, chairs, stair cases, garden furniture etc... Find answers and ask questions here!

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
sammy1983
Labourer
Labourer

fire dors half hour intmescent seal help urgent

by sammy1983 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:19 pm

hi there ive been asked to fit a half hour check fire door and frame the frame i have has grooves cut for the strips but all thats playing on my mind is do i need to router the door for strips or will it be ok just on the frame please answer this asap thanks and any other info you can supplu will be great :?:

chris_on_tour2002
Project Manager
Project Manager

by chris_on_tour2002 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:25 pm

the rebates on the frame are to take a fire seal that is usually supplied separately.

if you buy the appropriate fire door the corresponding seal should already be in place or at least already have the rebate to so no need to cut your own channel.

the door closes over the seal to help prevent air, hot gasses and flames from passing either way.

oakie
Apprentice
Apprentice

by oakie » Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:58 pm

if the door did have the trench already routered into it this is for the smoke seal,which is a brush strip. both expand during fire to seal the gap.
I have hung doors with and without the smoke seal depending if the door has been routered to take it

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:51 pm