First fix Mixer Shower Before Plastering

Postby rdavies86 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:23 am

Looking for best way to first fix shower with 150mm centres prior to plastering. Wall is lath and plaster but will be getting boarded over.

I have seen the easy fix kits for on top of plaster/tiles but what do I do before this.

Leave pipes sticking out in rough position and sort centres after plastering is done?

Thanks
rdavies86
Progress to next rank:
25%

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby gregwilliams » Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:25 am

You have to be careful though. You don't want to restrict the centres from moving at all. I usually fix the mixers then remove them and do whatever I need to do with the wall. It is easier when you have your mixer position sorted out in advance. You have to keep in mind the amount of plaster that you are applying and the leverage you will have afterwards, in case you need to let some advance from the pipes.
gregwilliams
Progress to next rank:
25%

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides

• DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!