Fitting a over-bath shower unit
Drainage and wastage systems and plumbing help, advice and answers

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Sherpa Jim
Labourer
Labourer

Fitting a over-bath shower unit

by Sherpa Jim » Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:04 pm

I have been advised to block up my bathroom window to allow the fitting of a over-bath shower unit, as this is the only place it can be sited, but I am concerned that doing so will increase the amount of condensation in the room, which is a very small bathroom. Does anyone have any thoughts on this idea?

plumbbob
Project Manager
Project Manager

by plumbbob » Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:37 pm

Blocking up the only external means of ventilation will increase the condensation in any bathroom.

To comply with regulations and remove the possibility of mould etc have a high capacity timed fan fitted in the ceiling above the shower unit.

http://www.awin1.com/awclick.php?mid=12 ... er-Fan-Kit

Is an ideal solution.

Sherpa Jim
Labourer
Labourer

by Sherpa Jim » Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:42 pm

Thanks for the info' plumbob, but unsure if we should block up the window. Pity because we have already purchased the shower mixer to connect to our Combi Boiler system. Sorry for the delay in thanking you :D

plumbbob
Project Manager
Project Manager

by plumbbob » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:56 pm

Blocking up the only window should not be taken lightly, but from the regulation point of view as long as ventilation is available such as a timer fan then it is permissible.

I see bathrooms without a window from time to time. Often they are in small houses or en-suites that have been added later. They are dark and usually have left over odours, but if there is no alternative.....

harryb
Labourer
Labourer

by harryb » Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:17 pm

I had this done by Aspect Maintenance - Google "allaspectsltd.co.uk" who were quick and helpful, and with good rates. Maybe check them out :)

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Wed Apr 10, 2024 7:47 am