fitting gas central heating boilers

Postby barry-good » Sat May 22, 2010 11:55 pm

Can anyone help, I am in the process of building a cattery at the bottom of my garden, it is 12mts by 4mts built from concrete blocks and a pitched roof, it will be well insulated and plasterboarded inside. And I am considering istalling gas central heating, but the builing is 33mts away from the house, can this be done and would it be very costly. many thanks Barry
barry-good
Progress to next rank:
0%

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby plumbbob » Tue May 25, 2010 9:32 am

In theory this could be done and the distance is not really an issue. The tricky bit is deciding where the supply should run and a careful calculation is needed to determine the required pipe diameter.

Of course, this isn't something you can do yourself as all gas installations need to be completed by a registered installer. IF you contact a couple of local gas installers you will get definite answers to both your questions.
plumbbob

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides

• DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!