fitting outside light
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
kcampbell
Labourer
Labourer

fitting outside light

by kcampbell » Mon Nov 12, 2007 2:32 pm

I want to fit an outside light at the back of my house. My intention is to take a 5A switched spur from an existing kitchen socket then take this to the light.

My other thought was to disconnect the extractor fan which is right beside where I want the light and use the supply for it. Is this possible ? I feel it would probably be the easiest option as I don't use the fan and it would already have a switch.

I am going to remove the fan and see how much slack is on the cable to see if it would reach through the wall to outside. If it isn't long enough can I extend it using connector block ?

Can anyone give me any thoughts on using the cable which is already there for the fan ?

Thanks

sparx
Project Manager
Project Manager

by sparx » Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:55 pm

HI, only thought I have is to point out the illegality of doing this yourself, see projects 'Part-P' bldg regs. it is a controlled service & must either be notified to LA building control first or be done by registered leckie, thats the law,
regards SPARX

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:00 am