Drainage and wastage systems and plumbing help, advice and answers

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
KOlder
Labourer
Labourer

Fitting rigid risers and shower values

by KOlder » Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:12 pm

Hi,

I need some advice my husband has fitted the shower valve in new shower too low. I told him prior to tiling that the pipework was too low but he wouldnt listen.

Consequently, when he fitted the rigid riser (with big shower head) the height from shower tray to head is 5ft 8". Im 5ft 2" so it is fine for me but we cannot very well have a shower built for migids!

Can we get some sort of extension for the riser or does the job need to be re-done making the pipework taller in order to make the shower higher?

My other gripe is that the valve looks to low and would look odd with an extra long riser.

Help!

plumbbob
Project Manager
Project Manager

by plumbbob » Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:07 pm

It is unlikely the manufacturer will make any attachment to increase the height of the shower head. It is possible though as some valves use standard pipe sizes you could make an extension using chrome pipe. Of course, this is not always possible and may be rather expensive and you will always have the odd looking shower valve.

I would just bite the bullet and remove a few tiles and raise the height to the correct level.

I suppose he decided the height before fitting the bath?? Easy mistake to make!

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Mar 04, 2024 10:58 am