Fixing a plastic air vent to a window pane
Post questions and find answers on glazing, double glazing, upvc glazing, conservatory glazing, fixtures and fittings etc....

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
minpher
Labourer
Labourer

Fixing a plastic air vent to a window pane

by minpher » Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:39 pm

Hello I hope someone can help me. A hole was cut into a window pain so that a vent attachment from a poratable air condition could be attached. The vent was glued to the glass and left left sellotaped while it dried.

My problem is that half an hour later when I checked, the vent had eased away from the glass.

Can you kindly advise how I can rectify this problem myself? I think the glue (transparent) will come off easily but do I need to take it off before I reglue and can you recommend a glue I should use?

Thank you in advance
Michelle

aeyres
Apprentice
Apprentice

by aeyres » Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:39 pm

Use a product called 'Stixall' (available from independent hardware stockists). It is basically a sealant & adhesive in one, but is ideal for use on glass. (looks like a tube of silicone)
Scrape off all old glue, as this clearly is no good. Make sure area is dry & place an even amount all round vent. Stick on plastic vent, wipe off excess. Again you may need to hold the vent for compression, but product gives a fairly strong hold straight away.
Should work much better

minpher
Labourer
Labourer

Air vent to window

by minpher » Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:14 pm

Thank you so much for your help and advice.

Regards
Michelle

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:11 pm