Fixing a TV Bracket for 32 Inch TV to a Breeze Block Wall

Postby uncleslinky » Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:48 am

Hi guys,

I'm interested in fitting a 32" TV to an internal garage wall. The TV weighs just over 10kg and I have found a suitable TV bracket however with the wall being breeze block I wondered if it would make any difference? The garage is an extension which I believe was build within the last 30 years. The breeze block appears to be the type which is quite bobbly with small craters (apologies for lack of technical terms)

I'm not sure if the bracket includes fittings, if they would be sufficient, or if I would need to buy alternate screws and plugs?

I'm a novice at this type of thing so if I do require anything else then links to exactly what I need would be greatly appreciated :D :D

Thanks
uncleslinky
Progress to next rank:
0%

Sponsor

Gorilla Glue heavy duty grab adhesive

Postby Mad110 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:21 pm

Most brackets included a few decent fixings, but if in doubt do a test drill in a spot that won't be visible. Drill an 7mm hole 2 1/2" deep. Pop a brown plug in and a 2 1/2" no10 pan head screw, leave a bit of the screw sticking out, give it a tug with the claw hammer and see how it fares.
Mad110
Progress to next rank:
73.7%

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides

• DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!