Flexible waste hose

Postby Marty Boy » Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:15 pm

Hello

I've just replaced my washing machine with a new washer-dryer. The flexible waste hose at the back of the washer-dryer goes into a downpipe under the sink. However, the hose keeps popping out of the downpipe and flooding the kitchen. This never happened with the previous washing machine. Both machines were the same size so I don't think the hose is stretching any further than it did when I had the the previous machine. Is there an attachment or something I can use to stop the waste hose popping out of the standpipe? Could the standpipe be blocked? If so, what is the best way to clear the blockage?

Thanks.
Marty Boy
Progress to next rank:
75%

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby plumbbob » Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:29 pm

Some waste pipes have a shape on the end that "grips" the inside of the downpipe and maybe your new one doesn't have this or is not quite as flexible as the old one. You can purchase a "n" shaped thingy that fits on the waste pipe and bends it into a shepherd's crook shape. This will allow you to hook it over the downpipe and stop it from popping out.
plumbbob

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides

• DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!