Flu mounting regulations new and old?
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Vince Meakins
Apprentice
Apprentice

Flu mounting regulations new and old?

by Vince Meakins » Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:47 am

I’m about to buy a house that has a ten year old plus Ferroli boiler, which most people in the know feel is past its sell by date. Currently the flu comes out onto the side of the house just above a wooden shed! Can someone tell me what are the allowable distances the flu should be from the eaves and an obstruction like a shed? Is it unacceptable to have a shed directly below the flu outlet? Do these measurements change for a new style condensing boiler? I have been recommended a Wocester Greenstar 30SI Combi boiler.

Many thank to you all

Perry525
Site Agent
Site Agent

by Perry525 » Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:36 pm

Look up the fitting instructions for the proposed new boiler on the web, it will specify exactly where you can fit the new boiler.

eggers
Ganger
Ganger

by eggers » Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:13 pm

all boilers have different requirements, it's all stated in each particular boiler's manufacturer's instructions, which can usually be found on their websites, for example the greenstar 30si is here:

Google "worcester-bosch.co.uk/.../installation-and-servicing-instructions-for- greenstar-si--manufactured-aug-08-july-09.pdf"

pages 17 - 19

min distance between flue term and shed roof in this instance is 300mm

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1