flueless gas fire ventilation
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
semi42
Labourer
Labourer

flueless gas fire ventilation

Post by semi42 » Wed Jun 06, 2007 12:22 pm

instructions say that the fire must have 100cm2 purpose provided ventilation for this appliance.

will i have to knock holes in the wall and fit an airbrick, or can i utilise the existing airbricks that vent under the floorboards and just put vents in the floor?

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by htg engineer » Wed Jun 06, 2007 3:49 pm

gas installations have to have "purpose made ventilation" as the ones under the floor could become blocked with debri or leaves. Best to fit a 100cm2 air brick or black hole.

pde
Labourer
Labourer

Post by pde » Sat Jun 09, 2007 3:34 pm

I have a similar flueless gas fire to install but before the corgi gas fitter comes to make the gas connection to it I need to install an air vent. This I've already purchased as a ready-made kit of the appropriate size and whilst I fully realise that it needs to go onto an external wall, the only such wall available is at the front house wall, so I'm scratching my head a bit as to where it will be best suited in terms of efficiency and internal/external aesthetics! Should it be the top left corner, the top right corner, the bottom left or the bottom right? I'm thinking that if it's put at or near to floor-level then there is always the possibility that something could obstruct it, whereas at a higher level the internal and external look of the room/building maybe spoilt somewhat. Therefore, what I would like to establish is what do the 'experts' think? Is there a 'normal' (default) position or is it simply a matter of where it's convenient?
thanks,
pde

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1