Gaps to iside wall on replacement installation
Post questions and find answers on glazing, double glazing, upvc glazing, conservatory glazing, fixtures and fittings etc....

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Newperson
Labourer
Labourer

Gaps to iside wall on replacement installation

by Newperson » Thu May 05, 2011 5:39 am

Hi,

I am in the process of having my old double glazing repalced. The upstairs has been fitted but where the old units fitted flush up to the internal walls the new units have a 2 inch gap from the units to the front face of the internal wall. Is this normal or poorly measured / fitted units. On the one which has been fully completed they have filled the gap with a little foam and put a piece of pvc trim over it.

This morning i woken due to outside noise which is more audible than with my old units that had failed and had gaps due to the hinges dropping.

Also i had cemented and tiled cills before which have been removed and replaced with pvc cills. There is now a gap under the cills of about 1 inch. Should this gap be there or again is it because the windows have been measured wrong.

Any help Thanks.

welsh brickie
Project Manager
Project Manager

window fitting

by welsh brickie » Sun May 08, 2011 11:35 am

its difficult to comment without pictures,when measuring windows you allow the new window frame to be 10mm shorter in width and height to make fitting easier,Also on the internal finish I always fit a plastic trim as there is always a slight gap and it looks neater. The new frame sits as tight as possible to the internal plaster,but sometimes its not possible to do so

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 11:49 pm