Gas boiler pipes rattling after flush!
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
nav122
Apprentice
Apprentice

Gas boiler pipes rattling after flush!

Post by nav122 » Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:54 pm

Having cleared out my CH system, and bled all the radiators clear of air before firing up the gas boiler, I have found that when I switch on the boiler and really fire it up, the pipes leading up into the airing cupboard really begin to rattle - sounds like the Water hammer scenario!

Is this normal? Is the system trying to clear the air?

Never had this issue when I cleared the system previously. Is it beacuse the gas is too fierce?

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by htg engineer » Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:38 pm

Sounds like air in pipework

htg

nav122
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by nav122 » Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:31 am

htg, as usual thanks for your advice and help.

The problem now has seemed to disappeared as I switch the boiler to max so thats good. The other problem i now have is that when i switch on and heat the hot water, the water will heat up thats fine, and it will come out fairly hot, but not as hot as before (really hot). You see I have drained and re-filled the CH system.

I have only really switched on the water for a few hours in the last 2 days. Could it be that it needs to be left on longer for it to really be hot?

I even adjusted the boiler so when the water / heating is on the pilot light increases in size thus increases its heating power via the pipes to the airing cupboard.

Any suggestions as to why the water is not as hot - any solutions?

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1