GAS BOILER
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
indrapatel
Labourer
Labourer

GAS BOILER

Post by indrapatel » Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:55 pm

I HAVE A BAXI SOLO WM 30/ 4RS BOILER. PROBLEM IS PILOT LIGHT AND
MAIN FLAME GOES OUT. SYMPTOMS ARE AS FOLLOWS.

TURN OFF THE GAS KNOB. LIGHT THE PILOT LAMP MANUALY, STAYS ON,
TURN THE ABOVE GAS KNOB TO MEDIUM, THE MAIN BURNER LIGHTS NICELY, BUT AFTER A FEW SECONDS (APPROX. 15 TO 20 SECONDS) THE MAIN BURNER AS WELL AS THE PILOT LAMP GOES OFF, AND YOU CAN HEAR THE GAS VALVE SOLENOID OPERATE. AFTER REPEATED ATTEMPTS THE SAME PROBLEM OCCURS.
CAN SOMEBODY, ADVICE ME OF THE POSSIBLE REMEDIAL CURES.

THANKING YOU IN ADVANCE & KIND REGARDS.,

INDRA.

eggers
Ganger
Ganger

Post by eggers » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:20 pm

does the pilot stay alight for any length of time without the heating or hot water being on? It doesn't sound like the thermocouple, could be the gas valve is at fault.
Does the pilot have a yellow flame?, when was it last serviced?

indrapatel
Labourer
Labourer

Post by indrapatel » Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:31 am

eggers wrote:does the pilot stay alight for any length of time without the heating or hot water being on? It doesn't sound like the thermocouple, could be the gas valve is at fault.
Does the pilot have a yellow flame?, when was it last serviced?

Thanks "eggers"
a) Yes the Pilot stays on all the time( Perfect Blue ), as long as the Gas Control Knob is turned off, but as soon as the Knob is Turned on , the Burner comes on Nicely and quitely with a Perfect Blue Flame. But tends to extuinguiesh it self with the Pilot after 20 -25 Seconds.
b) The Boiler was serviced about 10 Months ago.

Thanks a lot for your help, but the job has been passed to a qualified Corgi Engineer.

Regards,
Indra.

eggers
Ganger
Ganger

Post by eggers » Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:48 am

i would be leaning towards the gas valve, and if memory serves, if the boiler over heats it kills the electric supply and not the gas.
I don't think it would be the thermocouple as the pilot would go out pretty fast regardless if the burner was on or not

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1