gas cental heating problem
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
supersnad
Labourer
Labourer

gas cental heating problem

by supersnad » Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:12 am

Hi
I've had a new gas central heating system installed and have numerous problems .As i've had 7 visits by the gas people and still none the wiser i was hoping to get a bit of info on this forum.It's a new Potterton boiler with 6 new radiators.
Problem 1 When i first turn on the heating in the morning (by wall mounted thermostat) all the radiators heat up to a uniform heat but when the boiler automatically re-fires the radiators in my bedrooms and toilet upstairs and in the kitchen don't heat up,but the other 3, 1 in the hall and 2 in the living room heat up o.k.I have all the radiators set at number 4.
If i turn up all the radiators fully this problem does not happen but the house is then too warm.
Problem 2 When the boiler is heating up i get a noise from the 2 nearest heaters that sounds like a kettle when it's heating up prior to boiling.I don't know if this is a problem but i've not heard that noise on my son's similar heating system
Brian

Steve the gas
Site Agent
Site Agent

by Steve the gas » Sun Nov 30, 2008 3:25 pm

Hi Brian,

Problem 1. Try balancing the system using the lockshield valves,ie the ones nearest the boiler that get hot first, turn those down and follow on.Also play with the trvs to balance too.

Problem 2.Air perhaps- bleed them with CH off , or turning valve down will make the possibly very hot water circulate/dissipate more speedily.

Hth

supersnad
Labourer
Labourer

by supersnad » Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:08 am

Thanks for your input Steve.I've noticed that the radiators up the stairs that don't come on all the time although the living room and hall ones do the temparture in the upstair rooms is still warm.Could this be that the Trv's on these radiators are not coming on as they're regulating the temp as there supposed to do and the temp has not dropped enough for them to activate the radiators.
Thanks again for your help.
Brian

Steve the gas
Site Agent
Site Agent

by Steve the gas » Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:36 am

Yes Brian, plus as heat rises - keeps upstairs a little warmer!

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1