gas fire
Information, help and advice on many gas related subjects from gas fires to domestic appliances

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
gs ron
Labourer
Labourer

gas fire

by gs ron » Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:23 pm

Hi there,

can some one please help, I have a Gazco Spanish basket living flame fire with a problem.

Very windy and wet evening some water came down the chimney and wet the left hand coals, fire died more so at the left hand side. Turned the fire off and dried out the next day. Now the left hand side won't light, removed coals and beads and the flames when ignited are only present at the right hand half of the burning box....... single burner with supply at the right hand side? I don't understand why the flames are not travelling to the left of the box, they are a normal height and look strong.

I must say that since fitting five years ago, the chimney has always let some water down.
when it rains but we usually cover the fire up. Chimney cowl is correct spec for fire......vertical angled slot type with a brick chimney!!

Pilot ignites as normal is blue and strong, control knob is operating high and low settings as normal.......help!!

fire serviced anually, and cleaned when required imbetween, dust cement etc.

thanks guys gs ron.

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

by htg engineer » Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:23 pm

All I can suggest is getting a enginner out to carry out a service, when the coals got wet and any soot, dust etc that had formed on the burner may have clogged the burner.

A good clean will hopefully get it up and running again.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Mar 09, 2024 12:50 pm