Gazco Logic HE Balanced Flue Producing Smell
Information, help and advice on many gas related subjects from gas fires to domestic appliances

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
brownowl14
Labourer
Labourer

Gazco Logic HE Balanced Flue Producing Smell

by brownowl14 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:21 pm

Hi

My new Gazco Logic Balanced Flue fire is giving off unpleasant smells - which after a few days leaves one with a headache and a feeling of noxious fumes in the atmosphere. I have left the fire on for hours and hours as advised to burn off the glues or whatever, but the problem remains. When in the room one doesn't really notice the smell it is only when you return to the room it hits you. The smell radiates in the house and lingers.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Carmichael 24
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Gazco Logic HE Balanced Flue Producing Smell

by Carmichael 24 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:30 am

Just wondered if you have solved the smell problem with the Logic HE gas fire.
We have had two fires producing smells like you describe.
We have an open staircase and the smell is horrendous upstairs.
The first fire was fitted in November 2017, the second in January 2018. The Gazco fitter was here last week, said he had solved the problem - but it’s still the same.

brownowl14
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Gazco Logic HE Balanced Flue Producing Smell

by brownowl14 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:15 pm

Hi

Still no joy! The fire was changed as yours by Gazco but the trouble continues, so we are told that the limestone composite surround is not compatible with a high efficiency fire, thus changed to a marble composite surround. Can you believe it, the problem continues. Other fitters have told me with a high efficiency fire you must have a natural material surround - limestone, marble or granite. So the drama continues now into 11th month!!

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:15 pm