hanging kitchen wall units?!
Ask questions and find answers on a range of subjects relating to self build projects

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
NBS
Labourer
Labourer

hanging kitchen wall units?!

Post by NBS » Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:25 am

Diy novice here. Have just received 2 additional kitchen wall units, 2 years after developer kitted out our kitchen. Just don't see how the supplied (Hattich make) wall fittings work! No instructions were supplied.

Have metal brackets already fixed to the back of the unit at the top to the sides, which are screw adjustable for height and depth I think. There is a metal plate which I guess is to be fixed to the wall. I assume that the unit should then be lowered down so that the brackets hook over the metal plate and it just hangs there?! Is that right, it just hangs with no actual fixing of the unit to the wall?

Also there seems to be no space to fix a baton to the plasterboard for the metal plate to be fixed to, as the metal plate seems to be flush between the unit and the wall. A baton would mean that the unit would not be flush to the wall. Surely I can't fix the metal plate straight to plasterboard?!

Am very confused. All advice appreciated.

rosebery
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by rosebery » Sat Apr 19, 2008 10:56 am

Hi NBS

Do you mean Hettich?

Have you had a good look at one of the existing cupboards to see how they work?

Go back to your supplier and tell him you want the instructions please.

Why not type the manufacturers name into your search engine and see if they have a technical support facility.

Cheers

chris_on_tour2002
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by chris_on_tour2002 » Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:41 pm

thats exactly how these fixings work - they just hook on. once there are loaded they can't go anywhere but you can add a couple of extra screws if not comfortable. the brackets inside the unit do indeed have adjusters in the form of screw heads.

the idea of a batten is that it goes behind the plasterboard - cut a section of the plasterboard away and fix the batten, replace the plasterboard and replaster. a faff but its really the only way - unless its a drylined solid wall in which case just get extra long fixings and go straight into the masonry.

ALDA
Foreman
Foreman

Post by ALDA » Wed Apr 23, 2008 5:31 pm

NBS,

THE VERTICAL ADJUSTING SCREWS PROVIDE FOR THE HEIGHT AND LEVEL AJUSTMENTTO THE UNITS.

THE HORIZONTAL ADJUSTING SCREW PROVIDES FOR THE CLAMPING OF THE UNITS TO THE WALL.

VERY SECURE RESULT!

ALDA.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:35 pm